Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lessons learned the hard way

So until now all of the restrooms or WC as they are labeled have had the picture of the man or the woman on them. Easy to figure out, right? Well, yesterday I was early for my Analysis and Decision Making in Marketing class so I decided to use the restroom because the class lasts from 4-7pm. When I arrive at the two doors there are no helpful pictures. There are two options "herren" or "damen". I was at a total loss. Herren has the word her in it and damen has the word men in it, but it also looks like dame. I chose Herren and entered. It was a little dark and smelled weird, but I was in the basement of UZA 2. I didn't see any urinals so I thought it was in the clear. I used the restroom as fast as humanly possible and then walked toward the sink. For some reason I went back to look in the last stall. Lo and behold, A URINAL. Needless to say I bolted out of there. Walked around the halls for a second and then returned to Damen to wash my hands. Luckily no one was around.

Primary Lesson learned: learn German before going to German speaking country
Secondary Lesson learn: only use the WC with pictoral help!

No comments:

Post a Comment